Another week come and gone? How could that be? Time is flying here in the MTC!
I continue to love it here more and more everyday. And although I am chomping at the bit to get out of here I really am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here and learn as much as I can in the little time I have left here in the MTC. I know my time here is so very valuable and I do try to use up every second wisely!
| Sweet Sister Ford and I :) Love this girl SOOOOOO much. She is COMPLETE blessing! And sometimes we do clothes swaps :) |
So in last week's letter I told of Sister Montgomery getting put into quarantine... She was there for 4 DAYS! Poor girl! In a room completely alone... Well she did have one roommate and when she found out she was getting a roommate she was so excited, but when she met her she found out that she only spoke Japanese.. so that was a bummer for her, and for all of us. Sister Montgomery is awesome! She is one of my favorite people here in the MTC, she is very witty and super funny, I can always count on her to brighten my spirits, so to be without her for a few days was quite depressing actually. We as a district are all still taking are yucky tamiflu pill, in high hopes of not getting the sickness as well. Sister Montgomery is back now, still really weak but she is getting better and better every week, so keep her in your prayers!
A few days after Sister Montgomery was quarantined one of our Elders went to the ER... drama in our district. Hahaha he is fine though! Like he would probably freak out if he knew that I was writing about this. He was just really sick for a couple of days, he went to the health clinic in hopes of getting some yummy cough syrup but when they checked his symptoms they made him go to the ER. Turns out he had bronchitis, so keep Elder St. Clair in your prayers as well. Maybe just pray for my whole district, because I feel as though we are prone to ailments. Oh man I love my district though we are great, such a power house team! I really am so grateful for them, I feel as though this whole mission thing would have been a lot harder had Heavenly Father not blessed me with the best district in the whole world.
We all do get along really well and we learn from each other so much, it is such a great experience! Eastern Europe is in for something huge I'm telling you! Speaking of Eastern Europe I'm getting to Ukraine in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! Oh I also heard an exciting rumor.. This is a rumor I'm not completely sure! But since there are so many of us Sisters going to Kyiv my mission president has said that trainers may be teaching not one but two new sisters! How cool would that be? If I could be trained with one of the sweet sisters in my district would be really great I think. But this could only be a rumor so I'm not getting my hopes up or anything!
We still only have one "investigator", committed to baptism, but he is ready as he'll ever be. It is so fun bearing testimony to him and hearing him bear his testimony to us, it is definitely a blessing! We have been helping him every step of the way during his preparation for baptism, answering any questions he has and helping him with any concerns. I love to see his face light up as he learns new principles that are so exciting to him. Teaching him, gives me such joy. Our last lesson we had he was bearing his testimony of the Book of Mormon, but at the end he said "Sisters, I just have one question. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, I know it is true, but how did Joseph Smith translate it, did he know the language of the plates?" What a good question! Oh I was so excited about it! I then bore my testimony to him saying "Саша, вот!" Which means "Sasha, look at me!" "You can understand me, I can understand you, we talk to each other, we have full conversations! Can I speak Russian? No! But I do have faith and the Lord speaks through me. And just as the Lord speaks through me so you can hear the gospel the Lord spoke through Joseph Smith so we can all hear the gospel as well!" After this you could see his understanding. He is always so astounded at how well I can converse with him, and when I bore testimony of how I could it was so powerful.
Family and friends, I am doing the impossible, I am speaking Russian, I'm teaching lessons to people with hard hearts, and their hearts are being softened. I am doing it through the Lord. I know that to be true. If I were here to only learn Russian, I know I wouldn't retain anything, like how many years of Spanish did I take, and what can I say? Hola.. that's about it. I have been here for 6 weeks and I can confidently go into a lesson with a Russian investigator and teach of this truth in a language I have only been learning for a very short amount of time.
This is the true church. Their is no doubt in my mind of that. Everything I have seen while being here is a miracle. I know I have the Lord's help in everything I do and I am so grateful to see His hand in all that is happening. The Book of Mormon is the work of God just like the Bible, how grateful I am to study out it's pages in both English and Russian and feel my Heavenly Father's love for me with each page I turn.
Studying the gospel is one extremely important way for me to connect with my Heavenly Father. Without that I would not know the words that He would want me to say. I love studying my scriptures and Preach My Gospel and learning more and more about this wonderful gospel that has blessed my life so much. In studying these things my testimony grows and I can better bear testimony of the truthfulness to those I teach!I love this gospel and I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father, how grateful I am to teach about them and the love they have for all of us!
Please do not take my word of the things that I have said. I encourage you to find out for yourself! Kneel and ask your Heavenly Father if He is aware of you! Ask Him if He loves you! Then read in the scriptures and I know you will receive an answer! In your scripture study from now on, start with a question, and prayerfully ask for that question to be answered and I promise you that you will receive an answer, I know this because it has happened SO many times in my life.
I love you all so very much thank you for your prayers and support!
Hope on, journey on, flame your faith :)
Love,
Your Sister Lee
p.s. LOVE YOU MOST
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox
p.s.s. to all you beautiful mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment