Monday, February 10, 2014

Chapter 7: White Church

Family!


So, saying goodbye to Illi and all of my loved ones there was so hard. I hate goodbyes. But how lucky was I to meet such wonderful people that made it so hard to say goodbe! I have seriously lucked out with the people that have been placed in my path during my journey here in Ukraine. I feel like everyday I meet a new best friend, ha, it's awesome! 

This is the Black Sea frozen... like really frozen. It got cold in Illi this winter
We had my last supper in Illy with the branch and investigators on Tuesday night and it was so much fun. We had a musical night and then were just all together. I know it sounds weird but it made me happy to see how sad they were to see me leave, like, it made me feel as if I actually made a difference there. I think that is the hardest thing about leaving an area. I don't think I'll ever feel like I'm ready to leave. I always feel like there is so much work for me to do there! I just need more time! Mom and dad, good luck getting me home.. I might extend my mission forever, haha. Really though, there is so much work to do and I cannot even imagine not doing the work. I have to always be doing it! It's my life. 

Flat Stanley on my bed on the train
Okay, well as sad as it was for me to leave Illi, I cannot believe how much I love it here in Billa Tserkva. I think I mentioned before that I have always wanted to serve here. I heard about it my first transfer, never been, really didn't know anything about it, but when ever anyone talked about it, I always had just the strongest desire to be there. And now it's so understandable. This is my city. (So yeah, I may feel that way about every area I serve in) But really as you walk the streets it just has Mariel written all over it. I love it here. And you would not even believe our branch. I have NEVER felt this much love. Immediately I was welcomed, more than I ever have before. This branch is so special. And there are tons of... FAMILIES!! Children, everywhere oh my goodness and youth and just all of the most amazing people you will ever meet! I am so blessed to be here! We have many activities in the church so I have already made friendships with almost all of the members. All of the members here are very involved in missionary work so it makes our job so much more fun! I love working with the members. Man, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to be here. 

 this is one of the MANY babies we have in our ward, I had not held a baby in so long! I miss my neices and nephews!
On Saturday, a man was baptized into our branch and he is incredible. He has such a strong testimony and his spirit is one of the sweetest I've ever felt. He has a small family who have not accepted the gospel yet, but his daughter came to his baptism. I sat next to her and we hit it off reall fast. We talked a little bit and we were able to set up a meeting with her for yesterday night. We met with her at a members house and talked about the Restoration of the Gospel. As we had the lesson in a house where the spirit was so undeniably present it was so sweet to see her be touched by the testimony of one of the young women. As she realized she herself could find an answer, just like we had and just like her dad had, the spirit once again testified to me that the church is true! It is so true! As she closed the lesson with her sweet humble prayer I just wanted to tackle her in a huge hug because you could just feel the love her Father in Heaven had for her. You'll be hearing a lot more about Masha, that's for sure. (Masha is the girl in the picture with long brown hair she's 12, the other girl was Dasha a young women from the ward and probably one of my very best friends,  then Illya Dasha's brother another really good friend, Alyona, the cute girl on the couch is basically a member of the church her mom just wont let her get baptized and she is the sweetest girl in the world, and the blurry one is my cute new companion Sister Barnes)

'Cause when you're the best of friends, spending Sunday nights together :) 

I have so many amazing people to love here. Which sets us up perfectly for our words from Baba!

Words from the Wonderfully Wise Baba:
"Love is the most important thing. Without love life cannot be."
How true is that! As I was thinking about that more today it made more and more sense to me. No one would be here if it weren't for love. God would have not created us, and in fact God would not be. Because God Himself is love. Love the people who have been placed in your life. They were all put there for a reason. And as we live with a culture of love we are happy! 

I have learned to love so much better since I've been on my mission. I think that is why I've had such a good time since serving. Becuase I really truly love the people and as we love the people we are around we have a good time! I can testify of that! So love the people God has placed in your life and be happy! Now I'm gonna send some lovin to my baby sisterichka Sayde, who I should have loved a lot more when we were together! 

Sayde, I love you so much! I hope you have the happiest birthday in the world! I can't believe you are getting so old! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I wish that all of your wildest dreams will come true! Sending you so much love from Ukraine! 

So, our district may or may not have been made up of "How I Met your Mother" characters... Lilly, Robin, Ted, and Barney 
I hope you all have a good week!

All of my love,

You sister, Sister Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment